Dossier: Focus on Hungary
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is compiling a dossier containing articles on the situation in Hungary since the right-wing government came to power in April 2010. The arguments and opinions presented in the dossier provide an acute, sometimes trenchant critique of the current government and its policies. We see our role in supporting the democratic voices in Hungary and raising public attention in Europe with regard to critical developments in our common political space.
We hope that this dossier will help our readers get a better grasp of the controversies surrounding the socio-political changes in Hungary, and thereby involve members of the European public in the crucial debate on democracy in a changing Europe. This debate is not limited to current developments in Hungary. We see democracy as a never-finished task. There is no guarantee against retrogression, and it’s always up to citizens to reinforce democratic structures and procedures through their engagement in the public sphere.
- Criminalization of homeless people in Hungary is taken a step further
26.Oct.2018 - 15:26
- “A decision as important for Europe as it is for Hungary” – Benedek Jávor on the Sargentini Report
20.Sep.2018 - 15:41
- The Sargentini Report – Its background and what it means for Hungary and for the EU
19.Sep.2018 - 11:14
- Family and gender in Orbán’s Hungary
04.Jul.2018 - 15:13
- Hungary to imprison NGO workers helping asylum seekers and other migrants
26.Jun.2018 - 11:57
- Orbán - A Trendsetter?
07.Jun.2018 - 16:43
- Vulnerability and chaos in the Hungarian healthcare system
21.May.2018 - 12:01
- Media pluralism further declines in Hungary
02.May.2018 - 12:45
- Hungary after the election: Continuing on Orbán’s path
12.Apr.2018 - 12:47
- Sorry, not sorry
28.Feb.2018 - 14:44