Dossier: Focus on Hungary
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is compiling a dossier containing articles on the situation in Hungary since the right-wing government came to power in April 2010. The arguments and opinions presented in the dossier provide an acute, sometimes trenchant critique of the current government and its policies. We see our role in supporting the democratic voices in Hungary and raising public attention in Europe with regard to critical developments in our common political space.
We hope that this dossier will help our readers get a better grasp of the controversies surrounding the socio-political changes in Hungary, and thereby involve members of the European public in the crucial debate on democracy in a changing Europe. This debate is not limited to current developments in Hungary. We see democracy as a never-finished task. There is no guarantee against retrogression, and it’s always up to citizens to reinforce democratic structures and procedures through their engagement in the public sphere.
- Budapest gratuliert!
13.Oct.2017 - 14:28
- Hungary: a state captured by Russia
11.Oct.2017 - 12:05
- Orbán’s theatrical struggle against big, bad Berlin
04.Oct.2017 - 13:54
- Hostile takeover: How Orbán is subjugating the media in Hungary
22.Aug.2017 - 12:52
- Veronika Móra: “Solidarity is a very strong force”
24.Jul.2017 - 12:38
- Lex CEU: A Kafkaesque Affair
27.Jun.2017 - 15:10
- We Will Stay and Fight
23.Jun.2017 - 13:57
- The role of irony in the political activism of Hungarian youth
31.May.2017 - 15:50
- "It’s about a battle of ideas in which we have to constantly engage our opponents"
18.May.2017 - 10:40
- Serious human rights violations in the Hungarian asylum system
10.May.2017 - 15:56